Saturday, August 21, 2010

why effective communication skills are important for me


As the picture shows ,effective communication skills have great significance to us .Now I mainly express my opinions about the contribution they make to help realize our dream .
Add caption
The first question is that,what is effective communication ? It is essential to our topic today .
According to the 7C's theory ,effective communication should be clear, concise, concrete, correct, consistent, complete,and courteous .Above all ,when we communicate with others ,we should have an U-attitude ,which means we should care more about the listeners or readers ,and respect them . Everyone llike effective communication ,but fewer people can really conduct effective communication .We need to acquire these skills to help us . Effective communication help us express our meanings and know better about others .

Good communication can improve our understanding of others .If we have effective communication ,we can get enough information about what we are to do ,why we should do these things ,and nearly everything from the outside .If we understand what others mean through effective communication ,we will do the right thing in a right way with right person.Of course we are deserved to get a right result ,which is what we pursue all the way .When I added this course ES2007S several days ago ,I was told to fill in a form .Due to lack of effective communication with the officer ,I just received the form and filled as I guessed . I wrote the date in a blank ,which turned out to be wrong . It should be written by teachers ! Then I had to rewrite the form and it wasted time .If I had communicated with her more effictively ,I would understand what to do and what not to do ,which will make it easier to fulfill my purpose .

Besides, good communication can make us understood by others .We always want others to understand our feelings ,problems ,demands or something else .There is no access to the ideal situation except through effective communication with others .let's just make an asume that you work in a company and are not satisfied with your salary .How can you make your manager know your thoughts and increase your salary ? This needs effective communication and you need effective communication skills .With a better understanding of communication ,we are to achieve our dreams faster and easier .

In addition ,good communication contribute to our good relationship with others .People tend to be with friends who know him better .Easy-going people are welcomed everywhere .If you can communicate with others effectively ,you are easier to know other people's feelings and thoughts ,therefore you are likely to make more friends ,have a better relationship with your family ,your boss ,etc.

From what we discuss above ,I come up with the concludion that effective communication skills are very important to me .I must do my best to aquire effective communication skills to make further success .

4 comments:

  1. Breakdown in communication can indeed cause alot of problems. This is why I feel that effective communication is not just important for one individual, but also important for everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Realizing our dreams" is really a good summary of the importance of effective communication skills.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Below are a few language issues to consider. I want to post this comment now since earlier I failed to do so and then my application unexpectedly quit and I lost al the comments. In another comment box I will make content-based comments as well.

    1) Everyone llike >>> Everyone likes...

    2) Effective communication help ... >>> ?

    3) Of course we are deserved to get a right result ... >>> Of course, we deserve to get the right result

    4) It should be written by teachers ! >>> It should have been written by teachers!

    5) If I had communicated with her more effictively ,I would understand what to do and what not to do ,which will make it easier to fulfill my purpose . >>> If I had communicated with her more effectively ,I would have understood what to do and what not to do, which would have made it easier to fulfill my purpose .

    6) let's just make an asume that ... >>> Let's assume that...

    7) This needs effective communication and you need effective communication skills. >>> a bit redundant

    8) good communication contribute >>> ?

    9) People tend to be with friends who know him better . >>> ?

    10) you are easier to know >>> ?

    11) From what we discuss above, I ... >>> ?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you ,Brad ! I nearly never use English in class like this before ,so I need to improve myself . Thank your for your suggestion .I believe that practice makes perfect !

    ReplyDelete