Friday, August 27, 2010

what I've learned from the 1st peer teaching

Neo ,Leo and I conducted peer teaching yesterday. It is about business email/letter/good&bad news. I've learned a lot from it.

I borrowed several books from HSSML and also searched the internet for useful materials. And I found the website "mindtools",which also appears in the reading materials Brad gives us,  is useful. I happen to find some blogs creating by our seniors who have also learned ES2007S. Their suggestion is also very helpful. As I am from China, I also referred to a few materials written in Chinese, but just a few. :-)

I think slides should be simple and make vital points, which are not familiar to most of the audience, highlighted. Besides, charts and graphs are also necessary in your slides. To make it more effective to deliver your ideas, you can turn to interesting activities for help. So your audience will learn by themselves from the activities, and come up with useful conclusion themselves. Thus the points make deeper impression on them. Activities like Find Mistake, Answer Questions, Play Game, Watch Video, and putting on a show can help make the presentation more impressed.

In addition, rehearsing is necessary for a successful presentation. You can find more accurate and vivid expressions. You will also have a better sense of time during presentation. Interrogative sentences sometimes can help capture attention of the audience and make your points ourstanding, which is also very useful.


That's what I have thinked of so far. Thanks again for your support! I really like our class culture,"free to interaction and happy to be with each other". :-)

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for setting an example on how your group does your presentation. Now there is a useful reference for us to make our own presentation.

    ReplyDelete